I've been underwater for the last week or so as I became the pumpking-designated person for getting version numbers sorted out for the Perl 5.12 code freeze. I hope to play some catch up this week on tasks I'm behind on -- paying work and family permitting.
CPAN Testers 2.0 activity in the last couple weeks:
- Leon Brocard has implemented Metabase::Archive::S3 and Metabase::Index::SimpleDB -- these are in the metabase repo, not yet on CPAN
- Barbie has revamped the CPAN Testers websites. Reports are now available for browsers through cpantesters.org, not through perl.org. There are other cpantesters.org backend changes that are ahead of schedule and blocking on the launch of a populated CPAN Metabase backend
- Chris Williams has confirmed that CPANPLUS clients do support Test::Reporter transport alternatives (it might be hacky but should work for our initial needs)
- Florian Ragwitz has volunteered to be a Catalyst guru and to take a look at the Metabase::Web code
- Serguei Trouchelle has volunteered to be a beta tester for CPAN::Reporter based smokers
- I have released CPAN::Testers::Common::Utils, which at the moment just does the "canonical" GUID <=> NNTP ID mapping so people with existing tools or databases will be able to update their tools with links to the new reports on cpantesters.org.
I'm trying out Google Wave to keep the CT2.0 project plan as a live document. If you want to participate in developing CPAN Testers 2.0, please let me know your Wave ID. And if you don't have Wave access and want it, I still have 20 or so invites.